Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Job Cuts

I was shocked to see that over 11,000 jobs were cut today across America. That is an unbelievable number and brings me to worry about those people who are unemployed. I cannot image what it would feel like to come home knowing that you have no source of income. How scary is it for parents to come home and wonder where there next paycheck is gonna come from? I am reminded of a movie called "Cinderella Man," this movie is set in during the great depression and is about a boxer who just cannot roll with the punches anymore. He has no job and must find any work that he can to support his family. Then he gets a second chance as a fighter and explodes to the top.





This to me is very inspirational to see someone so far down on their luck and then see them rise to the top. Now, I know this cannot happen for everyone, but from looking back on history you have to believe that times will get better or you can look at it from the perspective that things could always be worse.

I am getting married in 7 months, and along with that I am graduating from college (hopefully). It worries me to know that I am going to move to a place that I do not know very well and try to get a job in these times where it seems very hard to do, but my worry is overshadowed by my excitement for spending the rest of my life with the woman I love. That in itself gives me strength. So for all the people that lost their jobs: "I pray that you get through it, but know that things could always be worse. Be happy for the good in your lives."

1 comment: