Monday, April 19, 2010

KG and Me

This is one of those random posts that I just felt like writing about. Enjoy or don't enjoy, the choice is yours.

Those of you who know me well know that Kevin Garnett has been my favorite player since he was drafted into the NBA back in 1995. I like him so much in fact that I root for the Celtics despite my dislike for Paul Pierce (who by the way is an "actress." Thanks for that great quote Q. Richardson.)

It is upsetting that The Big Ticket won't be on the floor for Game 2 against the Heat and I do not disagree with the ruling. Although most of the blame should be pointed at The Truth for being a baby. I am more focused on KG's critics riding him for being old and having to many miles on those long legs of his. In this regard I can relate to KG.

Don't get me wrong, I do not have analysts talking about how much my game has been lacking. Lets just say my game has been lacking since birth. I don't warrant any analysts or press time for my basketball skills.

I tend to model my game after KG. Hustle to the ball, rebound , high release on the jump shot, working the elbows and trying to play tough "D." I always leave KG's trash talking element out of my repertoire. Also, I tend to keep my elbows under control, but I have come to find out that I have razor blades for elbows. Now as I am beginning to turn the ripe age of 24 (yes 24 in Oct.) I feel the motor in me sputtering and the ladder getting shorter (for those not up to date on basketball lingo that means I can't jump as high as I used to). With that being said my mind is still able to keep up with the game, but it just forgets to let my body know that. I know I am not that old, but I still feel the affects.

KG and I respect the game and love to play it. We will play on despite what people say. On the court we will always help the team before anything else. For these reasons I can relate to KG and some people should give him a bit of a break. There are not to many 34 year olds that can play at that level.

To conclude this KG rant, I will always be a fan of The BIg Ticket and will always enjoy his game, but once he is gone I believe I will be off the Celtic bandwagon. Especially, if a Mr. Paul Pierce is still on the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment