Saturday, April 4, 2009

Five years of change, one thing remains the same


Five years ago my high school crush and I had our first date and saw one of the worst movies ever. Today that same high school crush is my fiance and we are still renting horrible movies. We don't rent horrible movies on purpose, but we tend to pick movies that lack plot or purpose. Anyway, April 2 was our 5 year anniversary and it made me think of all the things that have changed in my life, but our love for each other has remained the same. I am not attempting to write a romantic rendition of our relationship, just a summary of the things that I had planned in my life that changed. So here is a list of ten things that have I planned for my life that haven't seem to work out.

1. To play college ball for the UNK Lopers. After I went to the try out I nearly puked and realized that was not going to happen.

2. Become a high school teacher and coach basketball. I helped coach freshmen basketball at Kearney High, but went on a class visit and found out that some teachers have to be baby sitters.

3. Major in multimedia. Just so you know if you stink at programming this major won't work for you.

4. Become a youth pastor or leader. I still haven't ruled this one out, but haven't had time to really pursue this passion.

5. Learn how to play the guitar, so I can sing to my woman. I got a guitar for my birthday 3 years ago, but have only taken two lessons. I still play a mean air guitar.

6. Create a series of funny videos or even a short film. I did make some short two minute videos, but again haven't had time to pursue that passion.

7. Graduate college in four years. This plan is not too far off. I am planning on graduate in 4 and a half years.

8. Get a salesman internship so I can work when I want, wherever I want. I found out that I am not very good at being my own boss, and I wasn't motivated to sell insurance to people.

9. Work at a sports camp in Miami every summer in college. This one was semi-sucess. Last summer was the first summer that I was unable to go down to work. Someday I want to take my fiance down there to meet I the wonderful people I know.

10. Live and work in Nebraska or Colorado. The current plan is to move to Iowa, because my fiance is finishing school there, but hey, maybe that plan will change.

I know this is a pretty boring list, and I am sure many of you have made plans that have not worked out the way you wanted them to. My plans don't always work out, but I am happy with what I am doing now and I have loved every day of being with my fiance.

2 comments:

  1. What was the awful movie? 28 years ago, my wife and I went to see the movie "Heaven's Gate" for our first date. It is generally credited with driving United Artists into bankruptcy. You would be hard pressed to do worse than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was called "Devil's Pond," starting Tara Reid.

    ReplyDelete