Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fireproof Review

I came across this review via rottentomatoes.com, which I have found to be a very interesting sight. I wrote a review a long time ago in my news writing class about the movie Fireproof. Now, I have to admit I was a little biased, not because I used to watch Kirk Cameron on "Growing Pains," but I am a Christ follower and believe in the sanctity of marriage. So when I wrote my review I never attempted to view the movie from another angle. After reading this review from the Boston Globe I can see some of the points that Michael Hardy makes. He refers to a song that is played in the movie that says to lock the door and throw away the key. People might see this as couples must live miserable lives because they are married and cannot get divorced. When I hear that line I think not every day is going to be magical, but we are not going to quit on each other. For the most part I like the review, not because I agreed with it whole heartedly, but because I appreciate it's view point on the movie. The movie is done very well considering that the filmmakers don't have the Hollywood budget that most movies have. That was one point that I felt was unfair in Hardy's review.

No comments:

Post a Comment