Saturday, April 18, 2009

Nascar

I never thought I would see the day that I would be watching an entire Nascar race. The roar of the engine and the precision of every left turn is a site to see. The speed of the drivers and wonderful commentary make it, well... unbearable to watch. My roommate has been a fan for fifteen years and has received a lot of crap from me and his friends. I admire his passion for the sport, but I just do not understand its appeal. An hour has passed and only 1/3 of the race has gone by and yet my roommate is still captivated by the race. I have to admit it would be fun to drive the cars, but to watch 3 hours of cars driving in circles is not the sport for me (if you can call it a sport). Nascar is more like a bunch of billboards on wheels rather than pure sport. Maybe as the race goes on it will grow on me, but I doubt it. Here is a video that summarizes the humor I have for Nascar.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Cody, you may also enjoy this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvX5-vZ8Hf0

    It's short, but it gets the point across.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not like it's something great like World Superbike Racing!

    ReplyDelete