Saturday, February 28, 2009

Getting Old

Even though I am only 22 years old, but I am beginning to feel old. Today I played basketball against a bunch of high school kids and I realized how slow I am getting.



It also makes me feel old when I see guys that are the same age or younger than me and playing professional sports. It seems as though I have lost my childhood dream of being a superstar athlete. I am pretty sure that I won't be declaring for the NBA draft anytime soon. It is time for me to grow up and realize my time of sports glory has passed and the only sports glory I can taste now is by being a city league basketball hero and I have already explained how I do not like those kind of guys. Don't get me wrong I love my life and feel very lucky for what God has provided me, I just do not like feeling this way. The worse thing is that I know this feeling will get worse. The sad truth is that I am going to get older and this feeling will grow. Running a marathon and getting back into shape might help me find or taste a bit of the water from the fountain of youth. Another positive I have going for me is getting married in August. It all comes down to the fact that I need to grow up and not dwell on my 22nd year in life, because hopefully I got a few more years ahead of me and I don't want to miss any big moments thinking about what I have missed out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment