Thursday, February 5, 2009

Iowa

Last weekend I went to Iowa to visit my fiance at school. She is going to be a dental hygienist and I went down to be one of her patients. Most of the time when people ask me how she is doing I almost always say she is doing great, but she is not a big fan of the town. This of course is true, and when people ask me about the town I am in agreement.

When I graduate from UNK I am getting married and moving to this town and the great state of Iowa. I originally did not like the idea of moving to Iowa, but I did not realize how many cities the state has. Unfortunately, the school that my fiance goes to is not even close to any of these towns. At first I think it scared me to move away from Nebraska, the state that I love, but now I feel better about things after going down and seeing the beautiful landscape and visiting towns such as Ames and Iowa City. The two states are very similar, but it seems that Iowa is a little more populated.



You might be asking yourself so what is it that your saying on this post. I know it is a little confusing, but I think it is important to test things out before you past judgement on them. I bashed on Iowa, but I hadn't spend much time there. Now I am looking forward to a new adventure in a new environment and the best part is that I will be with the woman I love and we can share in the experience.

Maybe I will run into Kevin Costner at the field of dreams.

2 comments:

  1. I have spent a ton of time in Iowa and I really like it! It has the small town, farming aspect like Nebraska but also the big city feel much like Nebraska too! I think the states are very similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iowa may not be heaven, but Field of Dreams is a great movie. It was shot near where I grew up. Of course, as my wife points out, Kearney is my "dream town."

    ReplyDelete