Saturday, February 28, 2009

Training

Running long distances for fun is not something that I would consider fun, but this year I am entering into the Boulder Bolder. The Boulder Bolder is a little over 6 miles and my sister has duped me into running it. The race is May 25 and I am contemplating when I will start training for the event. I am wondering if I should do something different for the race besides just running or walking in it. A long time I ago I witnessed a marathon and saw a group of people leap frog the entire race. As crazy as I am I thought that was really cool. To me running is not fun. Don't get me wrong I run when I am playing a sport, but I cannot run without a point. I cannot get pumped knowing that I am going to run from point A to point B as fast as I can. I need a point to my running, like basketball, I run to get a rebound or steal not to time myself. The main reason I am running in this event is to spend some quality time with my sister and enjoy the beautiful Colorado scenery. You can bet that you won't see me running on the streets of Kearney after this race, unless I am playing basketball in the street. It is possible that you might see me do what this guy did at the finish line, although I won't be winning this race.

No comments:

Post a Comment